First off...side note...
For those of you who don't know, I LOVE 80's music. I love it so much that I cannot say phrases like "the right stuff", or "step by step" without thinking of New Kids on the Block and dancing/swooning a little.
Second, I am realizing that trying to bake three things from scratch, plus make most dinners from scratch, plus get used to a new job is a little much to take on for a week.
I did not bake a single thing last week, and my perfectionist self had to struggle with my own limits and that it was okay for me to veg out on the couch for a little (okay...maybe it was a lot) instead of baking. (Well, I did make homemade chex mix for William, but that is actually just mixing processed foods together, so I figured that doesn't really count as baking.)
This week I decided to make two things that were a little bit easier, and then will save the breads and more involved things for the weekend.
So you get whole wheat and oat blueberry muffins and some yummy granola (so I could have breakfast this week).
Pictures first....
They are in the to go tins because they are going to Will's work. (Sorry Earth...we will reuse and recycle the tins...we promise!)
I don't know how to rotate the picture, so you get gravity defying granola!
And...lucky you...the granola recipe is from a friend's mom, so I can share it with you!
I generally double the recipe, just so it will last a few weeks.
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar (I usually put just a little bit less than this...not too sweet)
1 tbsp-ish of cinnamon (I don't measure this)
1 cup of almonds
Mix this up, then....
Heat 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/4 honey in a small skillet, just until they coagulate.
Add the liquid to the dry stuff and mix just to get it all sticky.
Put it all on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees, stirring every 10ish minutes until golden brown. (Can bake at a lower temperature if you want...just watch carefully cause it can burn quickly).
You can also add dried fruits or other nuts or chocolate chips post baking as desired! Enjoy!
For those of you who don't know, I LOVE 80's music. I love it so much that I cannot say phrases like "the right stuff", or "step by step" without thinking of New Kids on the Block and dancing/swooning a little.
Second, I am realizing that trying to bake three things from scratch, plus make most dinners from scratch, plus get used to a new job is a little much to take on for a week.
I did not bake a single thing last week, and my perfectionist self had to struggle with my own limits and that it was okay for me to veg out on the couch for a little (okay...maybe it was a lot) instead of baking. (Well, I did make homemade chex mix for William, but that is actually just mixing processed foods together, so I figured that doesn't really count as baking.)
This week I decided to make two things that were a little bit easier, and then will save the breads and more involved things for the weekend.
So you get whole wheat and oat blueberry muffins and some yummy granola (so I could have breakfast this week).
Pictures first....
They are in the to go tins because they are going to Will's work. (Sorry Earth...we will reuse and recycle the tins...we promise!)
I don't know how to rotate the picture, so you get gravity defying granola!
And...lucky you...the granola recipe is from a friend's mom, so I can share it with you!
I generally double the recipe, just so it will last a few weeks.
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar (I usually put just a little bit less than this...not too sweet)
1 tbsp-ish of cinnamon (I don't measure this)
1 cup of almonds
Mix this up, then....
Heat 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/4 honey in a small skillet, just until they coagulate.
Add the liquid to the dry stuff and mix just to get it all sticky.
Put it all on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees, stirring every 10ish minutes until golden brown. (Can bake at a lower temperature if you want...just watch carefully cause it can burn quickly).
You can also add dried fruits or other nuts or chocolate chips post baking as desired! Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment