I don't know how many of you have seen "Stranger than Fiction" (if you haven't, you really should), but there is one particular scene that I love. (Side note: the website is really fun - http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/strangerthanfiction/site/home.html)
Without giving too much away...Will Farrell is an IRS auditor who is auditing an eccentric baker played by Maggie Gyllenhaal. As he tries to win her over, he brings her "flowers", or rather a box of a dozen different flours. It is a really touching scene that lets her know that he is different and that he is learning what might make her smile, what makes her tick.
Well, after my discovery that you really should use bread flour when making bread, my husband surprised with some flours.
So here is my sappy post today. My husband is wonderful. He knows how difficult graduate school and job searching and agonizing over what I should do with my life has been. He supports my crazy dreams and whims (and not only because he gets good food out of it). He allows me to be me, even when I know I am driving him crazy. And he knows that bringing me flours will make me smile.
Without giving too much away...Will Farrell is an IRS auditor who is auditing an eccentric baker played by Maggie Gyllenhaal. As he tries to win her over, he brings her "flowers", or rather a box of a dozen different flours. It is a really touching scene that lets her know that he is different and that he is learning what might make her smile, what makes her tick.
Well, after my discovery that you really should use bread flour when making bread, my husband surprised with some flours.
So here is my sappy post today. My husband is wonderful. He knows how difficult graduate school and job searching and agonizing over what I should do with my life has been. He supports my crazy dreams and whims (and not only because he gets good food out of it). He allows me to be me, even when I know I am driving him crazy. And he knows that bringing me flours will make me smile.
2 comments:
Vicki, LOVE the blog, keep them coming!
Way to go Will! Glad he is supporting you during this transition. Love you friend.
Post a Comment