Friday, October 14, 2011

Baking withdrawal

So I have been a busy lady lately, preparing for a conference, going to a bachelorette party in New Orleans (complete with sightings of John Stamos), and working my two jobs. Unfortunately one of the first things to go by the wayside when life gets extra busy is my baking.

Even though it has only been a couple of months where I have been baking regularly, I am finding that I get a lot of joy and peace out of just standing in the kitchen and baking. Plus, it doesn't hurt that we have home baked goods to munch on around the house!

So I have found that when I don't bake, I feel like something is missing. I would not trade that bachelorette weekend in for anything, but it does remind me that I need to put work aside for a day and let myself spend time in the kitchen for a little while. I am now looking forward to Sunday where my plan will be to go to church, go for a walk, read my Real Simple magazine, and then bake up a storm.

Here is a hint of what I am going to try and make this weekend...
http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2011/10/vegan-pumpkin-pecan-cinnamon-rolls.html#.TpYv105uTVc.facebook

(but don't tell William that they are vegan...that will be our little secret!)

No comments:

Post a Comment