Thursday, June 26, 2014

A non-baby related post!


I actually baked.

We did not eat an actual dinner that night, but I actually baked.

Our neighbors upstairs got our mail and watered our plants while we were out of town. And in response to their kindness, I forgot to get them a thank you gift.

So instead I made them a blueberry pie.

It is not quite blueberry season yet, so I am sure it wasn’t as good as it could have been. Although as I learn to accept “good enough”, the fact that it smelled scrumptious is enough for me.

I also did not get a picture of it, but here is the recipe. The thing that I love about it is the lemon juice and zest. It adds a little tart to the sweetness and juiciness of the blueberries and cup of sugar. Also, I did a lattice crust cause it is prettier and I don’t do egg washes cause it is too much work for little payoff. (And this is easy to veganize...just substitute ghee for the butter and leave off the egg wash.)


No comments:

Post a Comment