I know we aren't actually parents yet, but I have decided that pregnancy prepares you for life with a little one.
I drip food on my belly all of the time, so I am ready to be covered in spit up.
I confess that pregnancy gas is the worst of all time, so I am used to some unpleasant smells.
I haven't had a solid night of sleep since the first trimester, so here comes the exhaustion.
I am uncomfortable sitting, standing, and lying down, and I get kicked all of the time, so bring on the child attached to my body all of the time.
After all of the doctor appointments, dressing and undressing, and hands everywhere, I am ready for the lack of privacy/modesty.
I know there is more to it all, but I think we are now as ready as we are going to be. Which is good, because she could be here in about 10 days!
We have found out that she is breech, so now we are just waiting to hear about the c-section date. People have asked if I am okay with this, and honestly, Will and I both love that we will know when she is coming and can plan family visits and work a little more smoothly. (I am sure I might feel different after the surgery, but right now, it sounds like a good plan.) At the end of the day, we just want her delivered safely.
In other news, our upstairs neighbors just had a baby, so I took the opportunity to bake some banana bread. It was a wee bit gooey in the middle (because I kept getting impatient and taking it out of the oven too early), but was still pretty tasty...especially because I added dark chocolate chips to the dough for some extra yummy goodness.
The bread:
The recipe:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup honey
3-4 mashed ripe bananas
(and 1/2 bag of dark chocolate chips)
Combine all dry ingredients except sugar
Cream the butter and sugar together, beat in eggs until combined, then beat in honey (all done in the amazing kitchen aid)
Beat in bananas and flour alternately
Add chocolate chips and put in all in your favorite loaf pan
Bake at 350 degrees for at least 50 minutes (it was about 60 in our oven) and enjoy!
And me at 37 weeks (on Mud Island):
I drip food on my belly all of the time, so I am ready to be covered in spit up.
I confess that pregnancy gas is the worst of all time, so I am used to some unpleasant smells.
I haven't had a solid night of sleep since the first trimester, so here comes the exhaustion.
I am uncomfortable sitting, standing, and lying down, and I get kicked all of the time, so bring on the child attached to my body all of the time.
After all of the doctor appointments, dressing and undressing, and hands everywhere, I am ready for the lack of privacy/modesty.
I know there is more to it all, but I think we are now as ready as we are going to be. Which is good, because she could be here in about 10 days!
We have found out that she is breech, so now we are just waiting to hear about the c-section date. People have asked if I am okay with this, and honestly, Will and I both love that we will know when she is coming and can plan family visits and work a little more smoothly. (I am sure I might feel different after the surgery, but right now, it sounds like a good plan.) At the end of the day, we just want her delivered safely.
In other news, our upstairs neighbors just had a baby, so I took the opportunity to bake some banana bread. It was a wee bit gooey in the middle (because I kept getting impatient and taking it out of the oven too early), but was still pretty tasty...especially because I added dark chocolate chips to the dough for some extra yummy goodness.
The bread:
The recipe:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup honey
3-4 mashed ripe bananas
(and 1/2 bag of dark chocolate chips)
Combine all dry ingredients except sugar
Cream the butter and sugar together, beat in eggs until combined, then beat in honey (all done in the amazing kitchen aid)
Beat in bananas and flour alternately
Add chocolate chips and put in all in your favorite loaf pan
Bake at 350 degrees for at least 50 minutes (it was about 60 in our oven) and enjoy!
And me at 37 weeks (on Mud Island):

1 comment:
I love the post and the photos... I think I'd also LOVE the banana bread. Wishing you, Will, and the little one health and happiness in this last stretch =)
Love
B
Post a Comment