So, I just found out I have gestational diabetes. Ugh...
I am surprised and trying not to spiral into thoughts of what did I do wrong to make this happen or how it might hurt the baby. I thought that I ate healthy (except for all those gingerbread cookies on Sunday) and although I haven't exercised as much as I did pre-pregnancy, I do exercise frequently.
I am trying to remember that it really is not the worst thing in the world. And I have been thinking a lot about pregnant women around the world who don't have access to prenatal care, or don't have enough food to eat, or have all sorts of other complications and challenges that threaten their health and the health of their children. I am truly blessed that while this stinks, everything should be fine. So, instead I turn my thoughts to those women and ways that I might be able to extend kindness and support to them.
In the meantime, there will be no baking. I hope everyone else enjoys their holiday treats!!
I am surprised and trying not to spiral into thoughts of what did I do wrong to make this happen or how it might hurt the baby. I thought that I ate healthy (except for all those gingerbread cookies on Sunday) and although I haven't exercised as much as I did pre-pregnancy, I do exercise frequently.
I am trying to remember that it really is not the worst thing in the world. And I have been thinking a lot about pregnant women around the world who don't have access to prenatal care, or don't have enough food to eat, or have all sorts of other complications and challenges that threaten their health and the health of their children. I am truly blessed that while this stinks, everything should be fine. So, instead I turn my thoughts to those women and ways that I might be able to extend kindness and support to them.
In the meantime, there will be no baking. I hope everyone else enjoys their holiday treats!!
No comments:
Post a Comment