Saturday, November 19, 2011

Busy, messy, life

Does any one else's kitchen ever look like this?!


I don't know about you, but whenever I cook, I tend to make a mess in the kitchen. I am the type of cook / baker that likes to get everything that I will need out, and generally keep it out (unless it will spoil) as long as I am cooking. I don't do the clean up until whatever yummy goodness I am making is in the oven. (My husband hates this! He cleans up as he goes, and gets very flustered when the sink is overflowing with dishes!)

I am finding that I tend to do this in other areas of life....
...when I pack a suitcase everything must come out of the closet and go through several sortings before either going back in the closet, or into the suitcase
...when I am working on something, I need all of my papers, post-its, files, etc. in front of me, all spread out over the kitchen table
...when I am organizing anything, everything has to be out where I can see it and touch it and move it as many times as needed


I haven't really thought before why I do things this way. I think some of it might be that I am a little absent-minded and will forget things that are not in front of me. I am also a visual and kinesthetic learner, so I need to seeing and touching things so that I can construct an understanding of whatever it is. But I also think it is me not wanting to leave anything out. I can remember that even as a child, I never wanted to miss out on something. I wanted to see and hear and do anything and everything possible. (I even had many a bathroom accident because I was afraid that something fun would happen the minute I left for the bathroom. I have gotten over that one.) Although I do like things to be neat and clean at the end of the day, I like the business and messiness of life. I like being surrounded by people, food, interesting articles, captivating books, and yes my favorite clothes and shoes. I like being in the thick of it all.

I am not sure what this means for my one day bakery, but I hope that it means it will be a "method to my madness" or "beauty in the chaos" kind of place. Just like life in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment