I recently read The Happiness Project and came across a simple idea, but one that I could stand to learn. It is how to find the fun in failure, or at least the bright side of it. As a perfectionist, I tend to beat myself up over even the smallest failures. However, I am learning to let go and realize that I cannot do everything or do it perfectly.
My baking failures of late are mostly due to good that are a little too dry. The blueberry coffee cake had too much wheat flour and not enough milk, and the jalapeno cornbread was cooked just a little too long.
Then my cookies that were either supposed to have cinnamon and clove or vanilla and dark chocolate chips, ended up with all of the above in them.
Everything was still edible, but definitely not high on the scrumdillyumptious scale. I guess the main thing is that I learned to be more careful about the moisture, and potentially thinking about reading the recipes before I try them. (I also have a tendency to just jump right in and see what happens!)
Oh...and my other failure was no pictures of anything!
So, here are some small failures that I can learn to accept...hoping that I can one day accept some of those bigger failures that come along.
My baking failures of late are mostly due to good that are a little too dry. The blueberry coffee cake had too much wheat flour and not enough milk, and the jalapeno cornbread was cooked just a little too long.
Then my cookies that were either supposed to have cinnamon and clove or vanilla and dark chocolate chips, ended up with all of the above in them.
Everything was still edible, but definitely not high on the scrumdillyumptious scale. I guess the main thing is that I learned to be more careful about the moisture, and potentially thinking about reading the recipes before I try them. (I also have a tendency to just jump right in and see what happens!)
Oh...and my other failure was no pictures of anything!
So, here are some small failures that I can learn to accept...hoping that I can one day accept some of those bigger failures that come along.
No comments:
Post a Comment